Tuesday, January 30, 2018

1955 Ford F100 Fiberglass Hood

Someone put a fiberglass hood on this truck a long time ago and never painted it or cut it correctly.
I looked around the internet for pictures of how this should be done and this is what I ended up doing.

The fender has to be cut so that the lower section can be bolted to the step and cab.
I cut it with a Dremel with a diamond blade.

I have a bad feeling that getting these to all line up when I'm done with all the paint and body work will be a problem.  They already don't fit up well as you can see from the gap above the tape.



This is the part I cut off and then I had to re-connect two pieces with fiberglass to make one part since the truck had part of it already cut off so they could close the hood.



No comments:

Post a Comment