Tuesday, January 30, 2018

1955 Ford F100 Bed Liner Paint

Hind site is 20/20
I should have just done one of two things to deal with this hammered truck bed:
1.  Scrap it and buy a new bed
2.  Paid LineX to spray the bed liner on for me.

What I did was sand it a little and then rolled on the bed liner myself.  It looks like shit.  I think POR15 would have looked better.
Whatever.. I'll live with it until I'm ready to replace the entire thing.  I'm out of money for a new bed anyway.  They are around $2K plus freight and you still need to put the wood floor in and paint it.

I started with removing the rear fenders (That part was not bad)



I took it off with the help of my son and then flipped it over (not too heavy) to sand and paint the lower parts on the inside

I Masked the outside before coating the inside and top rail with bedliner paint

The tailgate was also hammered and rusted on the inside (opposite of the picture) so it got covered.  What you see will get painted red later.

Hmm.. I don't have a picture of it after the bed liner.  I'll have to get that later.



Then I pulled it into the garage to remove the old paint and prime the outside with Epoxy primer
Then it went in the backyard while I worked on the hood and cab 

No comments:

Post a Comment